Monday, May 11, 2009

Praha part one














This is the second day of my spring break Eurotrip. Yesterday me, anya, and heather arrived in Prague around noon by train from regensburg. Arriving from Regensburg. Arriving from the suburbs of Prague, it didn't look as charming as I thought it would be (will soon proven to be wrong). It actually reminds me of some parts of Moscow in terms of the communist style architecture blending with old classique style architecture, and the people's social condition. After checking in to our hostel and have lunch at a chinese restaurant (in which we quickly got a sense how prague is much cheaper than Germany, e.g our lunch cost 4 euro), we went to the communist museum which was conveniently/ironically tucked right above Prague's largest McDonalds. There I saw more than dozens of Lenin & Marx statues, and learn about the brutal era of communism in Prague. The most interesting part I have to say is about the Velvet Revolution, how it started and how it was peacefully executed. I also met a really interesting roommate in the hostel. He's probably in his 50's and have been on the road for so long. He's from Holland and we talked a lot about the relations (read : colonisation) between Holland and Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment