Monday, May 11, 2009

Eurotrip Spring 2009

This post about my Eurotrip is long overdue, but yet I still feel like it's interesting to post.

At the end of March/early April I did a very interesting Europe trip using a Eurail pass. I bought the Eurail Select Pass which allows me to take 8 trains in 2 months between four chosen adjacent countries. After some considerations I choosed Czech Rep., Austria, Italy, and France as my destinations. I was travelling through Czech and Austria with Anya and Heather, by myself in Italy (and meeting friends in some cities), then staying with Charlotte in Paris.

Though this trip is less adventurous as my previous ones (e.g Trans Siberia), this is my first solo-trip. As I'd explain later, I was surprised of how interesting and convenient it is to travel by yourself, not to mention the better chance of meeting interesting people on the way. Other than the scenic and historic Europe, the strongest memory that I'd remember about this trip is meeting very interesting travellers on the way. This whole trip was also sort of a European history crash course to me. What's even more interesting is that it seems like I am completing a piece of history puzzle, having taught mostly Islamic and Asian point of view History, such as the holy wars, middle ages, and the renaissance for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment