Monday, August 3, 2009

My Flight Home

This is actually part of my-email that i sent to Anya, but i'll share them anyway bcos it's pretty interesting :

So my trip home was interesting. I got to the Frankfurt airport with an ample amount of time to counter all the problems i usually encounter in airport, but i had not expected that my luggage was so overweight that there was no way they could check it in. So i had to reduce it by 8kg which means that basically throwing my stuff to the garbage. Short story i threw one jeans (my black one that has stitches on it), some shirts (tshirts,polo shirts), my eskrima weapon (this should not get on the plane in the first place), FOUR pair of shoes (soccer shoes, dress shoes, white canvas shoes, and snickers), praying mat (i had never used them), H&M blazer (i bought in on sale for 15euro so its not that bad). I put everything in my black duffel bag (which i threw away as well). Apparently things in black bag on a garbage can in airport look like a bomb, so i had to wegschmeissen things one by one with policemen watching me putting those things inside the garbage can. Then I also could not bring my cabin bag bcos its too heavy so they check it in for free. My mistake as we will find later was putting all my nice and expensive clothes + my hard drive in that cabin bag. So my flight to Abu Dhabi was ok. My flight to Jakarta was terrible. The flight was filled with domestic workers from Indonesia that are working in UAE or other arabic countries, which i wasnt really complaining - i had been wanting to see normal indonesians and get to know them. But then I got the last seat in the plane, next to two bathrooms, with like 5cm legroom, and these guys are just coming in and out of the bathroom - and puking there, disgusting. So i survived my flight home, my dad abholen me right from the airplane so i did not, as usual, go through the immigration. Then on the baggage claim i waited for like an hour for my luggage and found out that i lost my small cabin baggage. SHIT.
So there we go, i only have ONE pair of shoes with me, one jeans, one short pants, one dress shirt, and bunch of tshirts and dirty underwears.
Fortunately i got to keep Fritz and the mass glass (which weigh 2kg itself) that we got in Weltenburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment